Excellent for cutting:
- Acetal and Nylon
- Acrylic Stone
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS)
- Aluminum Composite Material (ACM)
- Corrugated Plastics* such as Correx Boards and Polypropylene
- Crosslinked Polyethylene (XPE, PEX, XLPE)
- Extruded Acrylic
- Foam Board
- Hard Plastic
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE)
- High Density Urethane (HDU Board)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS)
- High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) for digital printing
- High Pressure Laminates (HPL)
- Hydroxy-Terminated Polyether (HTPE)
- King ColorCore® The Multi-Color Engravable Polymer Sheet.
- Low Density Polyethylene (LDPE)
- Mechanical/Engineered Plastics
- Perspex® Cast Acrylic Sheet
- Poly (methyl methacrylate) (PMMA)
- Polycarbonate (Lexan™)†
- Polyethylene Terephthalate Glycol-Modified (PETG / PET-G)
- Polyoxymethylene (POM), also known as Acetal, Polyacetal and Polyformaldehyde.
- Polystyrene (PS)
- Sign Foam
- Sintra PVC
- Solid Surface
- StarBoard® (King StarBoard ‘R’) High Density Polyethylene Sheet (HDPE)
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO)
- Trespa® Meteon®****
- Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE)
- Vinyl Flooring
*Corrugated Plastics such as Correx refers to a wide range of extruded twinwall plastic-sheet products produced from high-impact Polypropylene resin with a similar make-up to corrugated fiberboard. They are used in a variety of applications including boat building packaging signage outdoor advertising and the production of pet cages.
**A soft plastic cardboard made with super soft super flexible PVC.
***Gatorfoam® Foam Board a polystyrene foam board bonded between two layers of Luxcell® wood-fiber veneer.
****Decorative high-pressure compact laminate (HPL) with an integral surface.
†Recommendation: Use the slowest suggested feed rates and the shortest bits necessary for cutting and routing Lexan™.
Benefits of Mirror-Finish:
- Razor sharp cutting edge
- Effortless chip removal
- Helps prevent chip re-welding
- Extends tool life
- Exceptional cut quality
- Dissipates heat well and prevents melting
Our Spektra™ bits feature a nACo® nanocomposite coating with an extreme nanohardness and heat resistance. With a brilliant distinctively-tinted coloring nACo provides additional improvements in four critical aspects of router tooling.
- nACo coating is a micro-thin ceramic coating which enables the tool’s cutting edge to retain crucial sharpness and lubricity. This provides longevity and produces cutting results of the highest quality.
- Coating prevents high heat and oxidation which is detrimental to cutting tool performance.
- Multi-colored hues, while attractive, will dissipate upon use and yet coating will remain fully effective.
- nACo offers approximately 4,500 Vickers for impressive solid hardness on cutting areas of the tool, for an increase up to 2.5 times compared to uncoated bits.
Note: Blue based color dissipates immediately upon use. nACo® nanocomposite coating will not wear off.
Vectric and Fusion 360 compatible tool files for 51441-K available for download, click here.