- Unique 3-piece router bit set with antique solid brass knob
- Shapes tambours that interlock with a ball-and-socket joint
- Unlike ordinary tambours, there is no need for cloth, glue or wires
- Each slat measures approximately 1/2″ x 1″
- Minimum radius for the tambour door is 3-1/2″
The set is easy to set up and use. The first bit (#54310) shapes the face of the stock; cutting from each face completes the contour of the ball. Afterwards, a second bit (#54312) is used to shape the socket. A third bit in the set (#49498) is used to shape the end of the tambour which provides a place to mount a pull for opening the completed tambour.
And, assembly is easy. Simply slide the slats together to create a beautiful flexible tambour that’s perfect for creating your own roll top desk, breadbox, kitchen countertop storage areas and more.
Recommended Maximum Width for Tambour Strips:
Do not exceed 5ft or 60in in length, otherwise they may sag under their own weight.
Watch the instructional video on creating a Tambour Door, click here.